Miller Analogies Test - MAT ($70.00 proctor and test fee)
The computer-based MAT is given on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. by appointment only.The MAT is a graduate school entrance exam. It is a high-level mental ability test requiring the solution of problems stated as analogies. It consists of 120 analogies to be completed in 60 minutes.
A Candidate Information Booklet is available in the Testing Center in UC 3160. It is the responsibility of the student applying for graduate school to check with the graduate department in which they wish to enroll to find out what tests are required by that department.
To register for the MAT
- You will need to pay a non-refundable $50.00 registration fee and a $20.00 proctor fee at the cashier's office (ADM 125) no later than the Friday before the test. (The total of $70.00 may be paid on one check or credit card - payable to UTTyler.)
- Student must bring the receipt to the Testing Center in UC 3160 prior to the test date in order to be registered for the test.
- If the student is retaking the written test, they must bring their "retest admission ticket" with them when they register for the test.
- Examinees with a disability must notify the staff six (6) weeks before the test date. Left-handed examinees should provide this information at the time they register for the MAT.
- Examinees should check-in 10 minutes before test time.
- Examinees must present two forms of identification: driver's license is preferred in addition to a school photo ID with signature; or social security card or birth certificate
- Retakers must have their "retest admission ticket" to be admitted to the test
- Bring several sharpened number 2 pencils
- Calculators, books, papers, reference materials, food, or drinks will not be allowed in the Testing Center
- No one is allowed to leave the testing room until the scheduled end of the test
For practice questions, visit the following website: http://www.matexampracticetests.com/
Test preparation books for the MAT are available for checkout in the Testing Center in UC 3160.
The University of Texas at TylerTesting Services3900 University Blvd.University Center Room 3160Tyler, Tx 75799Ph: 903.565.5693