College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Students can receive credit for what they already know by earning qualifying scores on any one or more of the 24 CLEP examinations accepted by The University of Texas at Tyler. See below for a list of acceptable examinations, scores, and course credit.
To Take a CLEP Exam:
- You must be a UT Tyler Student to take a CLEP Exam in the Testing Center
- Pay your proctor fee to the cashier's office in ADM 125. (see schedule and fees)
- Bring your receipt to the Testing Center in UC 3160.
- Complete a registration form. (Registration forms may also be found below)
- Schedule to take your exam at least a week in advance of your test date
- DUE TO LIMITED SEATING, STUDENTS MUST REGISTER IN THE TESTING CENTER BY THE FRIDAY BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED TEST DATE TO BE PUT ON THE ROSTER FOR THE EXAM.
- No CLEP Tests are given during the university's posted finals weeks
- On the day of the test, please bring two forms of photo ID and a credit card for the $80 CLEP fee.
- This is a computer based exam
Scores will be provided to you by testing center employees immediately following your exam
The website below offers practice questions for most CLEP exams. Please be aware that only the subject exams listed above are accepted for credit at UT Tyler
For more information about CLEP, go to the CLEP website at www.collegeboard.com/.
Test preparation books for CLEP may be checked out in the Testing Center.
7.0 kb .pdf file, requires Acrobat Reader
The University of Texas at Tyler
3900 University Blvd.
Tyler, Tx 75799