The University of Texas at Tyler
Funding Your Success Frequently Asked Questions
- Is full-time attendance required? Must students earn 30 semester credit hours to continue to be eligible?
Full-time attendance (12 semester credit hours) is required, and students must earn 30 semester credit hours per year. We recommend 15 semester credit hours per term.
- Are independent students included?
Independent students are also included, provided they meet all other requirements.
- Are transfer students eligible or only incoming freshmen?
The Pathway program is available to incoming freshmen only.
- Who is eligible for Pathway?
Eligible students must be first-time freshmen, Texas residents, meet UT Tyler admissions requirements, complete all required financial aid documentation and enroll in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours at UT Tyler each fall and spring.
- What are the minimum academic requirements (grade point average) for eligibility?
Initially, the only academic requirements are our admission requirements. Renewal requires that students maintain a cumulative 2.0 or higher grade point average at UT Tyler.
- Is the guarantee limited to 4 years?
Pathway is for up to 4 consecutive years.
- Approximately how many students would be involved in the first year?
We anticipate approximately 74 students.
- When does Pathway start?
It begins in fall 2007.
- How much does Pathway cover?
The program covers tuition and mandatory fees. Other fees, books, housing and meal charges may be covered by other financial aid opportunities.
- What is tuition at UT Tyler?
Estimated tuition and fees for 15 semester credit hours at UT Tyler are $3,161.