The University of Texas at Tyler
Pathway for Success
Guaranteed Tuition Program for Limited Income Families
Many of tomorrow’s problem solvers are a part of today’s limited-income families. By giving them this opportunity, we are creating solutions not just for them but also everyone they will help in the future.
Making higher education accessible to all students is our goal, and the Pathway to Success Program is our solution.
Beginning fall 2007, the Pathway to Success Program will be UT Tyler’s guarantee of tuition to students whose family income is $25,000 or less annually.
“Some extremely gifted students feel that a university degree is not an option for them because their families cannot afford to pay for it. We want to help them realize their educational dreams.”
President Rodney H. Mabry
Pathway provides a financial aid package that covers full tuition and mandatory fees for up to 15 credit hours per semester. UT Tyler also offers other financial aid opportunities will help cover fees not included in the Pathway package.
Estimated tuition and fees for 15 semester credit hours at UT Tyler are $3,161.
- annual family income of $25,000 or less
- first-time freshman
- Texas resident
- Meet Pell eligibility requirements
- meet UT Tyler admissions requirements
- complete all required financial aid documentation by May 1st
- enroll in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours at UT Tyler each fall and spring semester
- Pathway participants must also complete at least 30 credit hours each consecutive academic year, with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
December 18, 2006
The University of Texas at Tyler has introduced a guaranteed tuition program that will help make higher education more accessible to limited income families, President Rodney H. Mabry announced.
The Pathway to Success Program is UT Tyler’s guarantee of tuition to students whose families earn $25,000 or less annually. The Pathway program will begin in fall 2007. More>>>