Employee Assistance Program
UT Advantage | Providing you with Solutions
to successfully manage life’s challenges and opportunities
Link to UT Advantage brochure
UT Advantage Website
Mental or Emotional
- Family/parenting issues
- Grief or bereavement
- Caregiver issues
- Anger management
- Alcohol or drug problems
- Personal, work, or school stress
- Relationship/ marital issues
- Coping with change/ anxiety
- Tax/ IRS questions
- Credit advice
- Personal budgeting
- Retirement planning
- College tuition planning
- Debt consolidation
- Discounted Financial Analysis (call for details)
- Multiple online legal forms including simple wills
- Bankruptcy & credit
- Estate planning advice
- Identity theft education & recovery assistance
- Divorce & family matters
- Consumer rights
* Free advice & analysis up to 30 minutes per call per issue.
“Outsource Your To-Do List”
Our life management tools and resources can help you with crisis, non-crisis and everyday situations that can require considerable effort and time.
Examples of services include:
- Daily-living convenience services (‘to-do list’)
- Financial services (from budget to investment) Elder/Childcare resources & referral
- Adoption resources & prenatal preparation
- Wellness articles and resources
- Personal Savings Center (everyday & luxury items) Pet care resource & referral
- Personal Development & Assessments
- On-Line Skills Training with recommendations
- Thousands of articles and tip sheets
- Helpful Webinars and more…
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Why would I need this service?
A. Life is challenging -- both personally and professionally. Our experienced, licensed professionals are here to provide independent solutions to the complex dilemmas or daily challenges you face – legal, financial, family, or personal.
Q. What counseling benefits does this program offer?
A. You and your eligible dependents are provided with up to 5 free counseling sessions per problem per year (as determined by your therapist). If the problem requires more than 5 sessions, you and your therapist will coordinate a transfer to a provider with your insurance company or to a community resource. If a referral is made, the cost of these additional services will be your responsibility.
Q. Who can use this program?
A. All benefits eligible employees & their immediate family.
Q. How much does the program cost to use?
A. This program is free. How? UTHSCSA pays for this benefit because they value you and look for ways to help you achieve your full potential.
Q. Where do I go for an appointment?
A. We offer local & nationwide coverage for your convenience. Simply call and a friendly, knowledgeable specialist will direct you to a nearby location for you or your eligible loved ones.
Q. How confidential is this program?
A. Your information will not be shared with your employer or others without your written permission, or when legally mandated
(visit w ww.UTAdvantage.org for more on this).
Q. Can I call for help finding solutions to everyday needs?
A. Absolutely. We are here as a Life Management Tool. Our consultants will help you research your personal needs so you can stay focused in your workplace or simply save some of your precious personal time away from work.
Call when you need a new perspective; Call when you need to talk things over; Call when you need help identifying available options; Just call – we’re here for you.