UT Tyler Office of Marketing and Communications
MEDIA ADVISORY: Reminder-UT Tyler 2011 Hibbs Institute Economic Forecast Summit Oct. 5
October 5, 2011
Media Contact: Hannah Buchanan
Public Affairs Specialist
Marketing and Communications
The University of Texas at Tyler
903.565.5769 or 903.539.7196 (cell)
The University of Texas at Tyler College of Business and Technology will hold the 2011 Hibbs Institute Economic Forecast Summit 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5 at the UT Tyler Ornelas Activity Center, 3402 Old Omen Road, Dr. Harold Doty, College of Business and Technology dean, announced.
The event will feature keynote speaker Susan Combs, Texas comptroller of public accounts, and highlight the importance of the institute, which will assist area and regional business entities.
“The Hibbs Institute for Business and Economic Research will carry a mission to facilitate business growth and economic development throughout the East Texas region by becoming a key source of information for regional businesses, governments and economic development agencies,” said Dr. Vivek Pandey, summit coordinator and institute director. “Although we are just getting started, we look forward to a bright future ahead.
The agenda will be as follows:
- 11:25 a.m. Opening – Doty.
- 11:30 a.m. Welcome and Introduction – UT Tyler President Rodney H. Mabry (President Mabry will introduce Billy Hibbs, chairman and CEO of Heartland Security Insurance Group, who has given a gift to establish the institute).
- 11:40 a.m. Hibbs to present gift.
- 11:45 a.m. Hibbs Institute – Tom Mullins, Tyler Economic Development Council president (Remarks about the importance of the Hibbs Institute and its positive affect on business entities).
- 11:50 a.m. East Texas Business Sentiment Index – Pandey.
- Noon Introduction of Combs – Jeff Austin III, Austin Bank vice-chairman.
- Keynote Address
- 12:30 p.m. Q&A – Combs.
- 12:45 p.m. Closing – President Mabry.
For more information, contact Hannah Buchanan, 903.565.5769/903.539.7196.