UT Tyler Office of Marketing and Communications
MEDIA ADVISORY: UT Tyler to Dedicate Al and Nancy Jones Auxiliary Gymnasium Oct. 4
October 4, 2011
Media Contact: Hannah Buchanan
Public Affairs Specialist
Marketing and Communications
The University of Texas at Tyler
903.565.5769 or 903.539.7196 (cell)
The University of Texas at Tyler will dedicate the Al and Nancy Jones Auxiliary Gymnasium at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 4, Dr. Howard Patterson, vice president for auxiliary services and intercollegiate athletics, announced.
The dedication will be at the UT Tyler Health and Physical Education Building, located between the Herrington Patriot Center and University Center.
“The Joneses were great friends of King and Angela Campbell. Their friendship is actually the seed that drew Al and Nancy to the campus and subsequently led to various sized gifts to UT Tyler’s golf and athletics programs,” said Patterson. “On behalf of everyone who has and will benefit from this facility, especially our students, we will be forever grateful.”
The program will be as follows:
- Welcome and Introductions – Patterson.
- Invocation – Gary Smith, Fellowship of Christian Athletes area representative.
- Remarks – Patterson.
- Student Response – Tiffany Allison, UT Tyler Student Government Association president.
- Introduction of Bill Marsh, business partner of the late Al Jones – King Campbell, assistant athletic director/head men’s and women’s golf coach.
- Remarks – Marsh.
- Plaque and Portrait Presentation – Campbell.
- Closing Remarks – Patterson.
For more information or interviews, contact Hannah Buchanan, 903.565.5769/903.539.7196.