Media Contact: Hannah Buchanan
Public Affairs Specialist
News and Information
The University of Texas at Tyler
UT Tyler to Hold Early Childhood Summer Institute June 14 - 18
The University of Texas at Tyler School of Education, in collaboration with Region VII Head Start, will hold the 2010 Early Childhood Summer Institute June 14 – 18, Dr. Kathy Morrison, UT Tyler School of Education director, announced.
The institute will be a five-day event at the UT Tyler Ornelas Activity Center and University Center Ballroom.
Quality, in-depth training will be provided this year for Head Start teachers and assistant teachers employed by Region VII Head Start.
Institute topics and the instructors are:
- Literacy Through the Arts – Dr. Donna Packer and Dr. Suzanne Thomas
- Math and Science through the Arts – Morrison and Priscilla Gilpin
- Implementation of Conscious Discipline – Mary Margaret Wilson and Karen Hurst
- Inclusion and Individualization – Beth Eck; and
- Picturing America – Kim Dodgen.
Participants must register through the Region VII Service Center.
For more information, contact Morrison, 903.566.7016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the 15 campuses of the UT System, UT Tyler offers excellence in teaching, research, artistic performance and community service. More than 90 undergraduate and graduate degrees are available at UT Tyler, which has an enrollment of more than 6,000 high-ability students at its campuses in Tyler, Longview and Palestine.