Media Contact: Hannah Buchanan
Public Affairs Specialist
News and Information
The University of Texas at Tyler
MEDIA ADVISORY: Peer Education Training Available for UT Tyler Students
The University of Texas at Tyler Wellness and Prevention Education Services will hold free student peer education training sessions Friday – Sunday, Nov. 13 – 15 in the UT Tyler University Center Ballroom, room 224.
All UT Tyler students are encouraged to attend.
Training session highlights include:
Friday, Nov. 13
- 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. “What is Peer Education?"
Saturday, Nov. 14
- 8 – 9 a.m. “Quit the Spit: Tobacco Prevention”
- 9 – 9:45 a.m. “Healthy Relationships and Sexual Health”
- 10 – Noon Safety Net Training – Responding to Victims of Violence
- 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. Mothers Against Drunk Driving Speakers Bureau Training
Sunday, Nov. 15
- 2 p.m. Group Presentations
The event is sponsored by UT Tyler Campus Assault Response Effort, Crossfire Peer Education Group, Student Government Association and Wellness and Prevention Education Services.
For more information or interviews, contact Hannah Buchanan, 903.565.5769.