Media Contact: Hannah Buchanan
Public Affairs Specialist
News and Information
The University of Texas at Tyler
MEDIA ADVISORY: UT Tyler Fall 2008 Commencement
The University of Texas at Tyler will hold fall 2008 commencement ceremonies Dec. 19 and 20, President Rodney H. Mabry, announced.
The commencement schedule is:
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences – 3 p.m. Dec. 19;
- College of Business and Technology – 10 a.m. Dec. 20;
- Colleges of Education and Psychology and Engineering and Computer Science – 1 p.m. Dec. 20; and
- College of Arts and Sciences – 4 p.m. Dec. 20.
Commencement speakers and the ceremonies during which they will speak include:
- Dr. David Lakey, Texas Department of State Health Services commissioner – College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Tom Harken, motivational speaker, literacy activist and entrepreneur – College of Business and Technology.
- Dr. J.P. Mohsen, president-elect of the American Society for Engineering Education – Colleges of Education and Psychology and Engineering and Computer Science.
- Barbara Bass, City of Tyler mayor – College of Arts and Sciences.
For more information, contact Hannah Buchanan, 903.565.5769.