Media Contact: Hannah Buchanan
Public Affairs Specialist
News and Information
The University of Texas at Tyler
UT Tyler's Order of Omega Honor Society Inducts Charter Members
Order of Omega Logo from www.orderofomega.org
The University of Texas at Tyler’s Order of Omega Honor Society has inducted eight charter members for its chapter, Mindy Sutton, UT Tyler student development director, announced.
Order of Omega is a nationally-recognized all-Greek honor society that recognizes exceptional leadership and academic ablilites within fraternities and sororities and promotes Greek life on college and university campuses.
Charter members listed by name, hometown and Greek organization are:
- Anna Huttenhoff, Katy, Gamma Phi Beta Sorority.
- Le’Rettia Johnson, Midland, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
- Krystal King, Tyler, Alpha Chi Omega Sorority.
- Kayla Krause, Tyler, Alpha Chi Omega Sorority.
- Ashlyn Thompson, Lufkin, Alpha Chi Omega Sorority.
- Alica Vanderburg, Irving, Alpha Chi Omega Sorority.
- Stephanie Ward, Tyler, Alpha Chi Omega Sorority; and
- Sarah Worsham, Joaquin, Delta Gamma Women’s Fraternity.
Huttenhoff received the Distinguished Pledge Honor, which is given to the inductee who was ranked highest in overall achievement.
“They have offically made history at UT Tyler and their legacy will live as long as Order of Omega is on UT Tyler’s campus. I am extremely proud of them,” said Lamar Bryant, UT Tyler student development specialist.
For more information, contact Bryant, 903.565.5788 or email@example.com.
One of the 15 campuses of the UT System, UT Tyler offers excellence in teaching, research, artistic performance and community service. More than 70 undergraduate and graduate degrees are available at UT Tyler, which has an enrollment of more than 6,000 high-ability students at its campuses in Tyler, Longview and Palestine.