Country superstar Clint Black will open the eleventh season at The University of Texas at Tyler R. Don Cowan Fine and Performing Arts Center, Susan Thomae-Morphew, Cowan Center director, announced.
“Above and Beyond” is the 2007 – 08 season, which features four series and three special events, which offer a variety of performing arts, dance, Broadway and music events.
“Each season we strive to go ‘above and beyond’ to find events that exceed the expectations of our patrons. I think, with this new season, we have upped the ante yet again to offer a season filled with sensational shows by some of the biggest stars in the entertainment industry,” Thomae-Morphew said.
Season tickets are available at the Cowan Center box office. Box office hours are 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, call 903.566.7424.
“It’s better than Dallas or Houston. This is not just a good season, it is an extraordinary season,” said Mary Irwin, one of the show sponsors.
The 2007 – 08 season performances and the dates are:
Performing Arts Series:
- Best of Momix, Sept. 27.
- Irish Tenors – A Christmas Concert, Dec. 8.
- “Swan Lake” performed by the St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre, Jan. 29.
- “Evita,” Feb. 21.
- Bernadette Peters concert, April 12.
Season tickets to this series are as low as $113. Patrons who purchase season tickets to the Performing Arts Series may add Clint Black (Sept. 15) to their season ticket order.
- “Hairspray,” Nov. 10.
- “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels,” March 15.
- “Gypsy,” March 26.
Season tickets to this series are as low as $70. Patrons who purchase season tickets to the Broadway Series may add “The Producers” (Feb. 28) to their order.
Braithwaite Intimate Gatherings Series:
- Bowfire, Oct. 25.
- The Five Browns, Jan. 14.
Intimate gatherings has been added to the name of this series to better describe what patrons can expect of the newest Cowan Center repertoire. Season tickets are as low as $47, and patrons who purchase season tickets to this series may add the Lyle Lovett and His Large Band (Oct. 12) concert to their ticket order.
Distinguished Lecture Series:
- John Bolton, former United Nations ambassador, will discuss “America, International Security and the Future,” Nov. 15.
- Dr. Sallie Baliunas, Harvard’s Smithsonian Center, will discuss “Warming Up to the Truth: The Real Story About Climate Change,” Feb. 12.
Season tickets to this series are as low as $29 with an option to attend a reception with the lecturer for an additional $50.
Arts in Education Series:
- Bowfire, the one-hour show, Oct. 25.
- “Beauty and the Beast,” May 2.
School groups may call the Cowan Center box office, 903.566.7424, for order forms.
- Clint Black, Sept. 15.
- “The Producers,” Feb. 28.
- Lyle Lovett and His Large Band, Oct. 12.
For more details about the 2007 – 08 season, visit www.CowanCenter.org.