UT Tyler Academic Support Seeking Supplemental Instruction Leaders
March 24, 2010
The UT Tyler Office of Academic Support currently is seeking students to serve as Supplemental Instruction leaders for the fall 2010 semester.
SI leaders direct a series of weekly peer-assisted study sessions in courses identified as difficult by previous students. UT Tyler Supplemental Instruction is designed to help improve study skills with the goal of improving grades.
Applications are found online at www.uttyler.edu/si or in the UT Tyler University Center, room 3110. Interested students must submit an official transcript and two faculty recommendations with their application. Application deadline is Friday, April 23.
- Sophomore class ranking
- Faculty recommendation
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- Grade of “A” or “B” in selected SI course or comparable course
- Good interpersonal communication skills
Courses available are:
- ACCT 2301 Principles of Financial Accounting I
- BIOL 1306 General Biology I
- BIOL 2301 Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 3345 Plant Morphology
- CHEM 1311 General Chemistry I
- CHEM 1312 General Chemistry II
- CHEM 3342 Organic Chemistry I
- ECON 2302 Principles of Economics II
- HIST 1301 U.S. History I
- HIST 1302 U.S. History II
- MATH 2413 Calculus I
- MATH 2414 Calculus II
- PHYS 2325 University Physics I
SI leaders’ responsibilities include attending mandatory training workshops, meetings, and SI-supported courses. SI leaders are also responsible for preparing SI session materials, leading weekly SI study sessions and holding regular office hours.
For more information, contact Krystal Martin, student development specialist, 903.565.5567 or Krystal_Martin@uttyler.edu.