UT Tyler Sponsored Research Office Announces PAID Recipients
September 11, 2009
Five university faculty members are 2009 recipients of the UT Tyler Project Award Incentive Development Program, Dr. Arlene Horne, vice president for research and federal relations, announced.
- Dr. Peggy Gill, Tyler GEAR UP director and associate professor of educational leadership and policy studies.
- Dr. Kathy Morrison, School of Education interim director and associate professor of early childhood education.
- Dr. Sarah Northam, professor of nursing.
- Dr. Michael Odell, Roosth endowed chair and professor of science education; and
- Dr. Ron Pieper, associate professor of electrical engineering.
The PAID Program was enacted by the Offices of Academic Affairs and Sponsored Research as a mechanism to acknowledge the research efforts of faculty members by providing a monetary award. This innovative structure of the PAID program will enable UT Tyler to increase resources available to the university community as well as to increase contract/grant-based activity, while concomitantly rewarding faculty for outstanding research effort.
For more information, contact the Office of Sponsored Research, 903.565.5774.