UT Tyler Student Organizations Hold Meeting, Luncheon
Student organizations within the university’s College of Business and Technology visited with Dr. Jim Tarter, College of Business and Technology dean, for an in-college student organization meeting and luncheon.
The meeting was called to order by Tarter, who also welcomed attendees.
Those student organizations, as well as their respected student and faculty representatives present were:
- National Association Home Builders: Cole Huggins, president; Conner Kamps, vice-president; and professor of construction management Dr. John Martin, faculty representative.
- Association General Contractors: Justin Furley, president; and Martin, faculty representative.
- Construction Management Association: Thomas Carlisle, president; Keith London, treasurer; Brandon Foster; and Martin, faculty representative.
- Accounting Society: Veronica Huff, president; Courtney Christenberry, treasurer; and lecturer in accounting Mark Washburn, faculty representative.
- Students in Free Enterprise: Casey Parker, president; and senior lecturer in business administration Dr. Tammy Cowart, faculty representative.
- American Society of Safety Engineers and Epsilon Pi Tau: visiting associate professor of industrial safety Dr. Jim Harbaugh, faculty representative.
Topics included community projects and discussion of future expectations of student organization chapters. It also was decided that the student organizations' officers and faculty representatives would meet twice each academic year with Dean Tarter.