UT Tyler Opens Nominations for Faculty Recognition
The University of Texas at Tyler Faculty Awards Committee is accepting nominations for faculty recognition awards, Dr. Joyce Ballard, committee chair, announced.
Nominations are being taken for the White Fellowship Award, Chancellor’s Council Award and President’s Scholarly Award.
The following information is required for the nominations.
- nominee name,
- reasons for nominating the faculty member,
- any information about the nominee that supports the nomination, and
- name and title of person submitting nomination.
Anonymous nominations will not be accepted. Nominations may be made via e-mail or campus mail.
March 2 is the deadline.
- White Fellowship Award recognizes excellence in teaching. Nominations are invited from both university faculty and students. Award nominees must be full-time faculty members but are not necessarily required to be tenured or tenure track. The winner will be awarded $2,500. Recipients of this award are not eligible for consideration again for five years after receiving the award.
- Chancellor’s Council Outstanding Teaching Award recognizes excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level and focuses on innovative teaching methods. Nominations are invited from both university faculty and students. Nominees must be full-time, tenured or tenure-track faculty members. The winner will be awarded $3,000. Recipients of this award are not eligible for consideration again for five years after receiving this award.
- White Fellowship/Minnie Stevens Piper Award focuses on the nominee’s overall excellence in both teaching and scholarly achievement at UT Tyler. Nominations are invited from university faculty. Nominees must be full-time, tenured or tenure-track faculty members. The winner will be UT Tyler’s nominee for the Minnie Stevens Piper Award and will be awarded $1,500. Recipients may repeat for more than one year, if they can successfully compete with other eligible award nominees.
Send nominations for these awards to Dr. Ballard, firstname.lastname@example.org or Herrington Patriot Center, room 3090.