UT Tyler Faculty, Staff Incentives for Participation in Texas Round-Up
- President Mabry will allow all full-time, benefits eligible employees to spend up to three working hours per week participating in on-campus activities related to the Texas Round-Up Fitness Initiative. All offices must remain open during the week and participation during work hours requires the approval of your supervisor and coordination with others in your area to minimize service disruption.
- Free access to UT Tyler Herrington Patriot Center March 6 – 31.
- Free access to all HPC fitness classes. View schedule at www.uttyler.edu/hpc/schedules.html.
- Free access to all outdoor adventure programs and selected intramural programs. View schedule at www.uttyler.edu/recsports/OAcalendar.html and www.uttyler.edu/recsports/IMcalendar.html.
Free access to Texas Round-Up Wellness Programs.
- March 6 – April 27: Low Impact Aerobics 4:30 – 5 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays.
- March 8: Women on Weights 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- March 15: Beginning Weight Training 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- March 17: Water Exercise 4 – 5 p.m.
- March 21: Beginning Yoga noon – 12:30 p.m.
- March 29: Beginning Body Pump 11:30 a.m. – noon and Beginning Jumpin’ 1 – 1:30 p.m.
- April events dates and times TBA, but include nutrition, youth wellness, eating disorders/drug screening, a swimming workshop and a water running workshop.
- Participants who log at least 2.5 hours per week in their personal log at www.texasroundup.org from March 6 – April 29 receive:
- Participants who log at least 5 hours per week in their personal log at www.texasroundup.org from March 6 – April 29 receive:
- One month HPC membership
- Two personal training or swim lesson sessions
- HPC water bottle
Hours for the Herrington Patriot Center are 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday; 6 a.m. – midnight Wednesday; 6 a.m. – 8 p.m. Friday; 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday and noon - 6 p.m. Sunday.
For more information contact the co-coordinators for UT Tyler’s Texas Round-Up, Bob Hepler, UT Tyler director of the recreational facilities, 903.565.5571 and Dr. Jim Schwane, UT Tyler chair and professor of health and kinesiology, 903.566.7306.