January 13, 2005
Tourism Marketing in Canada Course Planned for Summer II
UT Tyler will offer a tourism marketing class that will travel to Alberta, Canada, during the Summer II term. The class will be July 15-23.
Participants will study tourism management, meet with managers in the tourism industry and take part in numerous activities. There are no prerequisites, and the trip is open both to business and non-business students for credit. Guests are also welcome.
An informational meeting will be held 5-6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 27, in BUS 108.
Planned activities include:
- Calgary Stampede (world’s largest outdoor rodeo)
- Canada Olympic Park, includes riding the track in the icehouse
- Gondola trip up Sulphur Mountain in Banff
- Midnight wildlife safari in Banff
- Lake Louise
- Glacier tour on the Columbia Icefields via SnoCoach Tours
- Lunch atop Marmott Basin in Jasper
- Whitewater Rafting trip down Athabasca River
- West Edmonton Mall (world’s largest shopping and entertainment complex)
The estimated cost is $1,950. The price may vary due to currency fluctuations.
For more information, contact Dr. Kevin Shanahan at email@example.com or 903-565-5822.
The University of Texas at Tyler
3900 University Blvd., Tyler, TX 75799
Tel: (903) 566-7000