Office of Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness
UT Tyler provides access to Qualtrics survey software to all faculty, staff, and students. Qualtrics is sophisticated yet elegantly simple for all user needs. Qualtrics provides excellent customer service through online tutorials, webinars, and special personalized training sessions.
To create a new user account with Qualtrics follow the step-by-step guidelines provided below using the log-in page link.
- Click to create an account.
- Enter your UT Tyler email address and enter a password (students use their Patriots account, student accounts expire at the end of each academic year).
- The default access level is for students which requires faculty or staff approval to launch created surveys. Faculty and staff should notify email@example.com to change their access levels.
- All users may participate in any of the Qualtrics online training sessions at any time by going to: http://www.qualtrics.com/training
- The Qualtrics University is another excellent resource that provides helpful articles and video tutorials.
- For Qualtrics support send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This does not replace the existing reporting system; it is simply a more powerful option to build reports in Qualtrics. The new reporting section will allow you to:
- Create reports based on multiple surveys
- Completely customize the look of your reports
- Display longitudinal studies
- And much more!
Survey Building Changes
Qualtrics has announced the following new options:
- Evenly Present Choices - The same "Evenly Present Elements" feature that has been available for randomization in the Survey Flow will now be available when randomizing choices.
- Loop and Merge - "Loop and Merge" will be able to be based upon a number. For example, if the participant enters "3" in a test box, Qualtrics will present the looped block 3 times. This also works with multiple choice questions where the participant is selecting a number.
- Persistent Randomization - When using "Carry Forward" or "Loop and Merge" with random choices, the randomized order will be carried forward instead of the original choice order.
- Web Service Piped Text - Text will be able to be piped directly from a web service rather than needing to be saved as embedded data first.
- Save and Continue - The "Save and Continue" feature will now save all progress, including the current page, when a respondent closes out the browser window.