President's Associates Funds
President's Associates members are special friends of this university whose annual gift support allows the president to allocate dollars quickly and deciisively; to do the special things that enhance the educational experience of students. President's Associates receive special mailings and invitations to select UT Tyler events and programs. Memberships are available.
Dear Friends and Alumni:
As we near the 40th anniversary of the founding of what is now The University of Texas at Tyler, I frequently think about the women and men who have become our philanthropic partners. Your contributions to President's Associates have been helping to build and sustain UT Tyler.
Dollars given for President's Associates are flexible and immediately available for direction to where they will do the most good at any moment in time - to help a student who needs money to return home for a family emergency, to send students to national debate competitions, or to provide financial aid to a student who may otherwise not be able to stay at UT Tyler. In your hands is the power to make a real difference in the lives of our students.
Recently, we’ve used President’s Associates funds to support:
- Individual student’s emergency needs
- The new UT Tyler Honors Programs
- Collaborative admissions projects with Tyler Junior College and Kilgore Junior College
- Faculty-student summer research projects
- Student services at our Longview and Palestine campuses
- The TJC/UT Tyler joint service-learning project in Costa Rica
- Housing costs of UT Tyler students who were Archer Fellows in Washington, D.C.
- The Tyler Area P-16 Education Council
- Students in Free Enterprise attending a national conference and competition
- Shared track & field team facilities with Grace Community School.
This list gives you an idea of the wide variety of important activities, programs and other needs that your gifts to our President’s Associates annual fund support.
These funds are essential. They help us take care of vital needs that come up unexpectedly, help build relationships with our high school and junior college partners, and even help us do such things as start new degree programs before they are able to attract State funding.
Your gift will help shape the leaders of tomorrow in East Texas and beyond. To quote Winston Churchill: We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
Rodney H. Mabry
Dr. Ben R. Fisch Professor of Economics and Finance
Click here to see the 2012 President's Associates. We appreciate your support!
GIVE ELECTRONICALLY, BY MAIL OR BY PHONE TO THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS TODAY!!
The University of Texas at Tyler
3900 University Blvd.
Tyler, TX 75799